Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Welcome Packet


Our "welcome packet" came today, which is a giant informational packet on everything from the foster parent bill of rights...to policy information... to resource information... to copies of forms to bring to the doctor and to get filled out when going out of state... and everything in between. It actually has some handy things.

It sure is interesting to be on the other side of this. For several years, I was the one who filled out the placement checklist for foster parents. Now I will be on the receiving end. I was the one who had to backtrack with doctors offices when foster parents forgot to fill out the form and get it signed at appointments. I better keep a stack of copies in my car so I'm not "that person". :) It is still a lot, but definitely less intimidating since I am familiar with a lot of what's in the packet. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment