Friday, April 5, 2013

Profile Photobook

Everything is starting to become more real. For so long, it's felt like our adoption is just a story. So many people ask about it (I do appreciate the care and concern!), but it doesn't feel real to repeat details that move at a snail's pace. "We will pick an agency, then do a preapplication, then a formal application, then fill out a bunch more paperwork, then wait to be approved". Everytime someone asks, it all seems so theoretical.

And now, here we are, nearly about to be waiting!

We finally finished our profile photobook, which is what the agency will show expectant parents who are considering making an adoption plan. I'm such a perfectionist, so I have put so much time, thought, and heart into these 19 pages. How do you really convey who you are in 19 pages, anyway??

It includes an expectant parent letter (or "Dear Birthmother" letter but I hate that wording), which introduces us. I'm leaving that out to keep a little bit of sacred, but here is the rest to give all our loving friends and family an idea of what this part of the process is about (and to maybe give other prospective adoptive parents ideas... I loved looking at other examples online while I was making this).

The book was made through Mixbook, my most favorite photobook website! Our hard copies (one for us to keep because I'm sentimental and four for the agency to use in their local offices) will be here in ten days!







(Family page with pictures of us and our immediate family)





1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara,

    I stumbled across your blog from the bump and just wanted to send you both my best. My husband and I adopted two children from Ukraine two years ago and it was the most stressful and subsequently wonderful time of our lives.

    I also wanted to let you know that Noonday Collections offers great fundraising opportunities if you're looking for an out of the box way to fundraise for your adoption. I've attached the link - take a look and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions if your interested!

    elysha.mallon@gmail.com

    All the best,
    Elysha

    ReplyDelete