Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Not Alone

I really don't know what I would do without my relationship with Christ. He has seen me through hard times and lead me to times of joy. He has taken care of me in the darkest hours of my life and has blessed me in ways I don't deserve. I can't imagine having the patience to sit alone and wait right now. There is nothing else I can do at this point, so I trust Him and His timing and that He will have the right doors open when they should.

Nothing in my life has worked the way I planned or imagined. The college I went to was my last choice, yet I went and met my husband. He might drive me crazy when all he wants to do is watch sports or when I have to remind him (again) to take out the trash, but he for sure brings out the best in me. I would be a dull, nervous wreck without him.

I wasn't going to be a social worker. I sure wasn't planning to work in foster care. Heck, I didn't even really know what foster care really meant when I innocently signed a contract my sophomore year of college. Yet, I touched a handful of people who needed me in that moment. My work (while fruitless in MANY instances) forever changed the directions of some of my kid's lives. I think I have done the same thing at both subsequent jobs.

None of that was me, because in my "wisdom", I had other plans. However, I have always been taken care of and blessed when I follow Christ.

Which brings me here. I am leaning on my faith. I am in a season of character building. I am reflecting on blessings in my past and hoping for more to come in the future.

Lamentations 3:25
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.


Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


Romans 5:3-4
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete