Sunday, September 29, 2013

5 Months of Waiting

Silence. No updates. Our $110 worth of photobooks that I put easily 100 hours into making haven't even been cracked open.

I am always looking at ways to expand and network. However, that becomes a gamble. There are agencies and law firms we could list with secondary to our primary agency. Some don't even require an application fee. However, each one comes with an individualized system with chances of potentially losing thousands of dollars with failed matches. Some may not be ethical. Some don't treat expectant parents right. Some are in states whose laws conflict with TN. We can adopt from another state but TN still has to approve the way things were done in that state before we could even cross the state line back home.

I trust that our agency treats expectant parents right. They're not trying to scam us. They are non-profit so we will not lose a great deal in failed matches. However, they are making very few placements this year, and more and more families get added to the website of waiting families.

I am a go-getter. I am not used to sitting back. I am accustomed to doing whatever I need to in order to get where I want to be. It's not that easy with adoption... especially if I don't have an unlimited bank account and I don't want to coerce a child away from someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment