Veronica returned to her adoptive parents about three weeks ago. Her biological father has dropped all pending litigation regarding the matter and appears to genuinely want Veronica to have peace and be settled in her life. The adoptive parents have reported filed new litigation, though, asking for the biological father to be responsible for legal fees.
I don't know how much of a happy ending this is. I guess time will tell. I think Veronica is in the correct place, simply based on the reported facts that her biological father was willing to (and did) sign away his rights. I think that lack of regard speaks for itself, and the fact that the biological mother made an adoption plan afterwards is really irrelevant because he had already legally said he did not want to be involved. Although she is, in my opinion, in the correct home, it is still so devastating for her to have so much grief and loss in her short life.
My hopes for Veronica would be that her adoptive parents would drop their litigation, so everyone can begin healing. I hope that her biological father can demonstrate trust and that, if he does this, her adoptive parents allow her to have some sort of relationship with him as well as the rest of her biological family she lived with for over a year and a half. I hope that she can re-bond with her adoptive parents and grow into a well adjusted child and adult.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment