Big thanks for Kristen at Adoption Love for nominating me for the Sunshine Award!
The Rules for the the Sunshine Award:
-Proudly post your sunshiney new award
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers
- Write 11 questions for them to answer
- Let the nominated blogger know you have nominated them
Kristen’s questions for me:
1. 1. What is the best advice you've ever gotten?
I don’t know if it’s exactly advice, but my
mom always taught me “To each their own”, and it helps to have that perspective
in life.
2. What is your first childhood memory?
My cousin taking a baton filled with glitter away from me.
Random, I know.
3. If you could choose another time in history to live, when
would it be?
Oregon trail days, for sure.
4. What's the last book you read and what was it about?
I have a bad habit of starting books, then not finishing so
I have 3-4 half-finished books, all adoption related.
5. How did you meet your significant other?
At a Christian group at college. The first time we really
hung out was at a scavenger hunt and he was bossing the group around. ;)
6. What's the best way to get on your good side?
Be honest. Be compassionate.
7. What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
Sleep in, then have Daniel make me blueberry pancakes. Are you reading
this, Daniel?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it
be?
I really wouldn’t want to live anywhere other than where I
live. We're so blessed to live within 30 minutes with everyone in both sides of our immediate families.
9. What has been your favorite "adoption moment"
so far?
When my coworkers secretly collected money for me without me
even suspecting! This went on several weeks, I’m told.
10. What would your family pet say to you if they could
talk?
Oh… I’m embarrassed to say my cats talk all the time. Yeah,
I’m weird. I make them talk to Daniel and I all the time, and they both have their own voices. They might say“Feed me, Daddy” or “I’m
ready for bed!”
11. What is the airspeed velocity of a laden swallow?
Embarrassed again… had to google. My resume of “classic”
movies is very short.
My Nominations:
Adding a Burden- http://www.addingaburden.com/
From Another Mother- http://fromanothermotheradoptionstory.blogspot.com/
His Power, My Weakness- http://hispowermyweakness.com/
Jalara's Chronicles- http://learningtobeacanadianwoman.blogspot.com/
Keeping Faith- http://keepingfaith-christine.blogspot.com/
Letters to Aubrey- http://www.letterstoaubrey.com/
Something Beautiful- http://mattyerika.blogspot.com/
Smiles and Trials- http://smilesandtrials.blogspot.com/
Redhead in Raleigh- http://www.redheadinraleigh.com/?wref=bif
The Life That Is Waiting for Us- http://thelifethatiswaitingforus.wordpress.com/
Until Forever- http://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com/
Where's Baby Miller?- http://www.wheresbabymiller.com/
From Another Mother- http://fromanothermotheradoptionstory.blogspot.com/
His Power, My Weakness- http://hispowermyweakness.com/
Jalara's Chronicles- http://learningtobeacanadianwoman.blogspot.com/
Keeping Faith- http://keepingfaith-christine.blogspot.com/
Letters to Aubrey- http://www.letterstoaubrey.com/
Something Beautiful- http://mattyerika.blogspot.com/
Smiles and Trials- http://smilesandtrials.blogspot.com/
Redhead in Raleigh- http://www.redheadinraleigh.com/?wref=bif
The Life That Is Waiting for Us- http://thelifethatiswaitingforus.wordpress.com/
Until Forever- http://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com/
Where's Baby Miller?- http://www.wheresbabymiller.com/
My questions for my nominees:
- What’s the most unusual food you’ve eaten?
- What’s the most disappointing gift you’ve ever received?
- Describe your writing utensil preference (mechanical or wood pencil, blue or black pen- a certain type?).
- What do you associate the color yellow with?
- What is your Myers Briggs personality type?
- What is an achievement you are especially proud of?
- If you could go on a trip anywhere, where would you go?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- Describe 2013 in three words.
- Describe what you hope 2014 will be like in four words.
- Describe the next step you’d like to happen in your adoption process.





Thank you for the nomination!!! AND you brought a flood of memories back with that mention of a glitter-filled baton. I hadn't thought of those things in years, but they were the BEST! And your cousin is a huge jerk for taking yours. ;)
ReplyDeleteOoh, I already answered Kristen's questions but now I want to answer yours, too, lol! They're good, too.
ReplyDelete