Thursday, April 5, 2012

Baby Steps

I'm creating this blog to document our adoption process. I would say we're in the beginning stages of adoption, but truthfully, it was a long journey just to get to this point! We've sifted through piles of information on agencies and are making a final decision on which agency to apply through.

My main purpose for this blog is to keep a journal of what happens both for us to remember as well as to inform our friends and family. I'm sure I will have some soapbox moments, too, so please humor me.

Since I'm sure you're wondering, a short synopsis of what brought us to this point...

D and I both imagined we might adopt "one day". One of D's favorite memories was working at an orphanage in Portugal for a week during college. While the majority of my foster kids at work went home, I was fortunate to witness seven of my DCS kids be adopted into loving families.

D has CMT which means he lives an ordinary life but has been through more than his fair share of pain. Since this is inherited, he decided he didn't want to have his own biological kids. A way to experience our own pregnancy was to use a sperm donor- except it didn't work because I have unexplained infertility. After three rounds of treatments and a big fat nothing, it was time to move on.

So, here we are, leaving one uncertainty for another. We'll be applying soon and saving money in the meantime! We fully expect this to be a lengthy process, but I'm sure we will have lots of exciting things to share along the way.

6 comments:

  1. Sara, what am exciting journey. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! God has blessed us so much through adopting our boys, but you know that already since you were His hands and feet in the process. I'll be praying for you to be as bless through this journey as we have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting Sara! You know I grew up in a childrens home and hope to adopt one day! Are ya'll adopting instate or outside the States?
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS does Danial have Charcot Marie Tooth?
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Sandy, seeing those boys in your family is definitely the top 3 moments of my job there! Mary Lou, I do remember! Within the US. Yes, he does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara, this is wonderful news! I can't imagine a better mommy than the one I know you will be!

    ReplyDelete