Sunday, June 10, 2012

Graduation


Completion certificate- yay!
All our certificates for the seven classes we went to as well as all the homework we completed

Well, we have officially finished all of our classes as of last week. We're now "certified" in cultural awareness, understanding the child welfare system, understanding the impact of trauma, effective discipline, CPR, first aid, and administering medication. It was all very familiar given our backgrounds in social work and psychology and my past work in child welfare, but it was something we had to finish.

The next step is making sure our house is ready for a walk through.This is less about cleaning baseboards and windows and more about making sure certain safety criteria is met. I'll share more about that soon.

I hear we should expect to wait 30-60 days for the walk through to happen. At this time, the social worker will meet with us to check out our house and get all the documentation we've rounded up (proof of car insurance and registration, income documentation, vet documentation, marriage and birth certificates, etc). The social worker will then write the home study (what I like to think of as the book report on us).

We already have most of our paperwork together. There's a few things we're missing since I just started a new job and D just bought a new car, but we'll be getting all that soon. We both have to get to our PCP for a physical soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment