Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Situation #3

Our agency let us know today that next Tuesday, our profile book will be shown to an expectant mom due in April. Six other families' profiles will shown, as well. I am hopeful but know realistically that we have about a 14.2% chance of being selected (not that I'm counting...), and that is if she even goes through with her adoption plan.

The funny thing with this is that you never know what will cause an expectant mother to choose a particular family, so you have to just be yourself and trust that in the right timing the right child will come to you. I am not praying that we will be chosen but that God will direct the expectant mom in the best path that honors Him. It's hard not to pray "Please, us", but I realize that my feeble mind knows very little. 

Let's just hope we don't go crazy waiting. I don't know about anyone else who's waiting, but it's so hard not to look for "signs", too. I could name signs with every situation we've looked at (and I have looked at a lot online, trust me). For example, the expectant mom gets the profile books on the 10th of the month, which is our anniversary date (different month). The birth is set for April, which is my sister's birthday, and a nice warm month for fun birthday parties. This situation would be through our agency, so it should be within our budget. Maybe that all sounds silly to most of you, but I read similar things in an adoption memoir The Russian Word for Snow, so maybe it's more than just me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment