Tuesday, April 16, 2019

a day at a time



I’m 31ish weeks with a full 40 week belly. The girls are healthy, knock on wood. I am too, knock on wood. I’ve had some contraction issues which resulted in steroid shots for their lungs/brains just in case but for today all signs point to us continuing on and seeing how far they can make it on the inside.

Work is exhausting but it also occupies my mind which is good. Less time to worry.

Baby boy really understands about the babies. He kisses my stomach. He thinks he can hear them talking to him.

Everyone asks if twin pregnancy is different. Two kicking is the same as one kicking hands and then feet. The main things I’ve noticed is you basically have a 3 month long month 9 in terms of size. I’m just to points of misery sooner with them (eg cant sleep on bed and only can in recliner). And I’ve been more tired.  Otherwise my symptoms are the same as with baby boy. Heartburn, ligament pain, nose bleeds, some ankle swelling, etc.

I can feel the prayers and support as I make it these last few weeks and try to prepare myself mentally for TWO newborns.

———

Photo credit to a dear embryo adoption friend/mama Jessica

3 comments:

  1. So good to have this update. I have been praying that you and the babies are doing well and healthy. Thinking and praying for you, the girls and baby boy and husband as you go through the next weeks. Praying the babies stay inside a few more weeks without causing you too much discomfort. Looking forward to getting the update that the baby girls have arrived! God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Mama! Almost there!! I imagine it will be hard to post much once you have 3 little ones to care for, but please let us all know you and the babies are all safe and sound. Isn't it just amazing to think back at the start of your journey to motherhood and now here you are about to have 3 babies!! Take it from another mother of three (me!) who also struggled with losses and infertility issues. Its a huge adjustment to transition to the next phase of your life....the living the dream part. Those that don't struggle to get to motherhood don't get it really, but those that have, know the struggle is real. Its takes a very focused and tenacious individual to take this journey and achieve your goal. Don't waste time looking back as much as enjoying the hear and now and looking to the future with your little miracles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! This is my first time commenting but I have been reading since Baby Boy's pregnancy. Wishing you a peaceful remainder of your pregnancy and a smooth delivery. I'm a fellow twin Mom and can relate to your feeling nine months pregnant for 3 months. I remember earlier in my pregnancy people would comments on how huge I was and I found it annoying. What I came to find even more annoying was at the end when people would constantly feel the need to tell me I couldn't possibly be pregnant with twins because I wasn't big enough (my girls were good sizes when they were born, so that wasn't the issue!). Maybe I was cranky because of lack of sleep?! Hang in there and enjoy what you can of these last weeks of pregnancy. Don't stress about having two infants. My twins also followed my son, so I was more confident and relaxed as a second time mom. There were some challenging days, but overall I didn't find twin infants to be as stressing as first time motherhood. Wishing you the same experience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete