What a year it has been.
Time has never moved more quickly than this first year with
twins.
The emotions are complex. Especially mingled with deep
fatigue.
But our hearts have joy, too. It is not all challenge.
Things we would not trade. These two sweet souls with gummy
smiles.
They are learning to hug and kiss. They call for “dada” all
the time.
“Mama” sometimes too, mostly when they are distressed.
Chubby legs. Chubby cheeks. Wide eyes.
They toddle around Big Brother who cherishes them.
His babies. His "big girls", rather.
“Don’t call them babies. It hurts their feelings”, he says.
The almost what wasn’t.
The fear of how things would work out.
How we would afford things, going from one to three.
Like the birds who are given what they need,
We have had provision increase with the increase in our
family.
The refining pressure cooker; it purifies all it touches.
Our marriage demands communication and grace.
Our split affections remove idols of having an only miracle.
I cannot do this on my own.
His grace is sufficient.
And how He knows what is best.
I didn’t know what I was missing.





No comments:
Post a Comment