Nearly 17 months later, my psyche has fully integrated this reality. I can have a day where it doesn't hit me that I am, in fact, mom to three kids. It's become my normal, but it sure took awhile to make that mental shift.
Baby boy is five. He has the longest legs and the biggest heart. He wants to help God save the world from sin and help endangered animals. He is THE best big brother to the twins. I can always count on him to have an eye out for them, to share with them, to shut the baby gate behind himself. I miss spending 1:1 time with him; but it is so sweet to watch him be a doting brother.
Twin A is a mess. She has brown hair and weighs about 3 pounds more than Twin B. She walked early and talks incessantly. She long learned how to climb out of her crib. Not much phases her. I think she is practicing for pageants because when you walk in the room she flashes her huge, toothy smile and says "hiiii!" with a wave.
Twin B is a mess in her own way. She has long blonde hair that sweeps into her eyes, but she refuses to wear her bangs back. She "sings" and dances and loves all music. She may be the smaller of the two but still has chubby cheeks and thighs. When she is mad, she is MAD but most of the time she is a little ray of sunshine.
I want to write more. I have learned so very much. This journey has changed me and it is, for the most part, for the better.
This is what I wished for, and I want to enjoy every minute.





No comments:
Post a Comment