Not sure how much of a weekly check-in this is since I haven't done one in 8 weeks, but here ya go...
Baby's size: Butternut squash
Total weight gain: Around 15 pounds
Sleep: Sleeping better than I was at 26 weeks. I have the body pillow positioning perfected. I keep an extra pillow under my feet. And I am experimenting with an extra pillow under my ribs. I pretty much sleep through the night other than flipping like a rotisserie every 2ish hours. I am a rare person- I still don't get up to pee, and if I do it's not til maybe an hour before I get up. Everyone says the lack of sleep during pregnancy is to prepare you for the baby. Will my boy be a good sleeper? Or am I jinxing myself?
Best recent moment: We've had two more showers. Everyone loves this baby so much! And having an ultrasound yesterday. It's always reassuring to see him.
Miss anything: Feta cheese, my taste for veggies and salads (I can eat them but I feel ambivalent towards them). At the last check in, I thought I wouldn't be able to bend very much longer. I can still tie my shoes and shave my legs (though not as easily).
Food cravings: Fruit, Sprite Zero
Anything that makes you sick or queasy: Still not normal with my chicken. So I have pretty much lost a staple of my diet. I also still feel sick taking vitamins in the morning. It's hard to remember them if I wait til later in the day.
Looking forward to: Last minute touches. Installing car seat base. Practicing with my wraps and B.oba. Hoping I go into labor on my own on the Friday night before my due date so I can finish the work week and not be induced.
The internet says: He is 4.2-5.8 pounds (ultrasound puts him at the high end of this range). He can recognize songs. Too bad I haven't sung to him, unless it is in the car.
Other milestones: He moves frequently enough to let me know he's okay but isn't wild. A few times I've felt like I have a broken rib but I think it's more stretching vs. him kicking. I may be partial, but I think he is a good, sweet baby. <3
Boys, if there are any, can stop reading here. As far as symptoms, my main ones are carpal tunnel (no one ever said that was a "thing"), swollen ankles fairly controlled with compression socks, my stomach has gotten so high it merged with my bra line (disturbing- thank goodness for band expanders), my lower back hurts (trying to use heat and stretching), heartburn well controlled with z.antac, and a lot of pressure when I stand up (I feel like I need to pee when I don't- his big old head is down there now, though). Oh and most disturbing of all, I've never had a yeast infection in my life and have had two since pregnant. What the heck?
Thursday, June 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm so happy that your pregnancy is going so well. I'm a month behind you. I have had horrible swelling in my feet lately because of the heat. What type of compression socks do you have? I have no idea what to get.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
I have a picture of the package here: http://chroniclesofanadoption.blogspot.com/2015/04/pregnancy-purchases.html?m=1. I went to a medical supply store (sell walkers, etc). Some people prefer the stocking type material but I wanted actual socks because I wear tennis shoes at work. There's different levels of compression and different sizes so I'd recommend going in person vs buying online, at least the first time. I have two pairs and I alternate them. Hope it helps!! :)
Delete