Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Longer

5 weeks together. 

It feels like so much longer, in a good way. 

Life had meaning and fulfillment before, but not like this. 

Baby boy depends on us. He's growing. Every day I see a new crease as he gets chubbier. He is changing every day, too. He's been alert since birth, but he can really focus in on what he's looking at now. He's cooing more and trying to find his voice. 

What a miracle that a frozen ball of cells was gifted to me and has blessed me with tiny but strong hands that hold mine. Soft, fuzzy hair and round cheeks. Dark, wise eyes and a sweet spirit. 

He's already more than I ever imagined. I'm so glad I didn't give up. And so glad that things worked out the way they did. 

5 comments:

  1. So glad you have your miracle baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought tears to my eyes....and I don't even know you IRL. So happy that you have such a wonderful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, so beautiful!! A miracle indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this brings tears to my eyes. You have the soul of a poet. And I am so so so so so over the moon happy for you and D.

    ReplyDelete