Monday, September 28, 2015

Together

(Baby boy stretching, kicking, and cooing in the morning sunshine in our hotel)

We had a great weekend at the NEDC reunion picnic, celebrating the birth of the 500th adopted embryo baby through the clinic. (Baby boy is #516) 

It was emotional to pull up and see a full parking lot. 

And seemingly typical families mingling and eating lunch. Except we were all there, with kids, thanks to many generous donors and a special clinic. 

I never could've imagined a story like this. It sucked in the valley, but the mountain is so high. I love the friendship of other EA families. You can't explain the deep connection to all these people who lead different lives all across the country. 

I'm so appreciative to be apart of an extended family like this. I hope baby boy feels the same as he grows up and begins to understand his origins. 

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how fulfilling that was. Now I'm super looking forward to next fall!

    ReplyDelete