Friday, September 25, 2015

Completion

We went to D's company's annual benefit.

With baby boy(!!!)

It was an honor to let everyone who helped get him here see how utterly adorable he is and how eternally grateful we are. 

For two hours he took in the sights and sounds of bands playing and people marveling at him. We stood on stage briefly so D could recap our story and encourage donations for this year's charity. Baby boy joined us, propped up in my arms. He purposefully and intently scanned the room. I'm not joking. It was as if he was looking into people's eyes. 

These people love him. He is so loved. People came together, for him! 

He has such a rich story already, at only seven weeks. 

Full circle. 

The sweet reward of years of pain. 

Family. Together. Completion. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I reread the post about last year's benefit...just WOW. What an amazing company, an amazing story. I am so glad he was able to join you this year- I bet there wasn't a dry eye there!!!!

    ReplyDelete