Saturday, October 11, 2014

I Can't Believe It

I wouldn't believe some of the stuff I blog about, had it not happened to me. The immense struggle of 4 ultrasounds in 18 days: lost a twin but the other baby is okay, the other baby won't make it, the other baby has a heartbeat and may make it, the other baby lost its heartbeat and is dead. The unbelievable luck to have 2 d&c's in 5 days. Issues with my insurance company that I haven't even mentioned here (greedy scoundrels).

But incredible things have happened, too. Three families we've never even met have gifted us with precious embryos. People came together and, through this blog, donated money for the kinship adoption of a close family friend of mine. I work in a small, close-knit environment and, last year for my birthday, my coworkers secretly gathered money for our adoption. Someone anonymously paid for our hotel for our first transfer, unknown to us til we checked out and expected to get a bill.

So there are all these horrible forces out there, causing death and suffering and greed. But there are also people who chose to give sacrificially to bless others

With that said, the other night, D and I went to a benefit dinner his work was hosting. Music performed by various employees and a silent auction for a local family in need. Since I am blogging about the benefit, I am sure you can guess where this is going.

Posted at the door

Some of the music for the night
The pub was packed shoulder to shoulder. Everyone enjoyed refreshments and catching up, while they waited for the big reveal of just who this money was helping. Except every single person there- except us- knew the benefit was for us (and had known for 1+ month- how this stayed a secret, I have no idea!).

At the moment of the big revel, ten members of both mine and D's extended family sheepishly and tearfully walked out. We were both in shock- and I think still are to some extent. His company had a wild goal to raise $2,000, and they nearly doubled that! So many people gave of their time, money, and talents so sacrificially. It's the most humbling experience to know so many people are there for you. And to receive money towards being able to have a family- there are really no words.

This huge and amazing blessing, and it really pushes us into this third transfer with not only peace that we will have funds for all the expenses that comes along with it but the knowledge that literally hundreds of people care about us and want this for us. And they're willing to put action to that love. Wow! I can't get over it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am tearing up as I read this! Such love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In tears reading this! What a beautiful outpouring of love and support for you and your family! So touching, isn't it, how when you share your heart through this journey, how many people want to see you succeed. This is just beautiful and I'm so excited for you Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How amazing! God works in mysterious ways..... including through others in our lives. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh- this is AWESOME!!! What an amazing and supportive company- and what a huge blessing to yall!!! This gave me chills!! :)

    ReplyDelete