Friday, October 3, 2014
Check Yes or No
Nearly a week of silence since our clinic contacted the donors we are interested in matching with. Maybe they don't check their email regularly. Maybe they are busy with their big family. Maybe they are second guessing their decision to donate. Maybe they don't like something about us.
Eek! An email from the clinic... asking when we will choose a donor? Uh, we already did, and we heard you were emailing them! A response back from the clinic. Yep, they were mistaken. The donors were indeed emailed. Since it's getting close to protocol time, they will call them to check in.
Check email religiously all day. An email about a CEU for professional training. Boring! A junk email from Huggies. Don't know how they got my email. They don't how I have no reason to buy diapers right now. An email from my monitoring clinic with a breakdown of all the billing for the year. Wohoo! Another email about a CEU. I really need to get off some of these lists.
Once 4 PM hits, I know I won't hear anything today. It's 5 PM at the clinic.
The pressure mounts knowing a phone call was made. It may be easy to miss an email, but it's pretty difficult to miss a call. During the two times we were chosen, we heard back within two days. The time we weren't chosen, it took about a week to hear. In my mind, longer waits mean bad answers. So many things race through my head. I don't want any donor to feel pressured, but I sure would like to know if these are our embryos!
Maybe they emailed or called back once the clinic was closed (the donors are on Pacific time, the clinic is on Eastern time). Maybe they are on a fall vacation (does the West coast take fall breaks?!?)? Maybe their kids are involved in a lot of activities, or maybe one of them has been sick. Maybe it's just really difficult to finalize your decision with saying "yes, this family can transfer our embryos".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I haven't been where you are, but I just wanted to say hang in there. Waiting on ANYTHING sucks, but this? This kind of waiting is torture.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, this sounds miserable. You would think that they understand how nerve-wracking this is and would respond either way!! Soooo...we'll go with they're probably on fall break vacation!
ReplyDelete