| Gorgeous morning! |
I made it to my monitoring RE where I reluctantly waited in the waiting room. Everyone around me was hacking up a storm. I've been diligent about washing my hands and trying to keep my immune system up, so they last thing I wanted to do was pick up a bug. Maybe they need a well area and a sick area, just like a pediatrician...
| All set up and ready to go |
First was a regular transvaginal ultrasound. It's funny to compare the difference of ultrasounds from the tech, doctor, and nurse practitioners. The tech does it all day long, and you can tell. She's wam, bam, thank you ma'am. She's quick but gets the job done and can always find things right away. The doctor is slower and more methodical. The male doctor even apologizes when he jams the wand around too much. The nurse practitioners are a good mix, but they explain each step... "You will feel ____". You can tell the difference in training between the three groups (not a bad thing, just funny).
They were quiet as the "teacher" wrote down what the "student" was scanning. I jumped as the machine made the distinguishable noise of printing a picture. I hate that sound. It's right by my ear and it reminds me of the sad ultrasounds with pictures of single digit mm baby that never would grow. Then, they finally murmured, "So far so good". At this point, I almost cried tears of joy.
Next came the saline catheter and filling my uterus with fluid. I took two ibuprofen before leaving the house, and the catheter didn't hurt a bit. The "teacher" took the reins since the "student" found a weird looking notch. "NO!", my brain screamed. After MUCH prodding, they concluded it was just the shape of my uterus. Crisis averted.
They continued to take lots of glamor shots of my uterus. The made two copies of each picture, one for their chart and one to mail to Dr. K since the pictures don't translate well via fax (Another difference- the doctors just dictate a report and must not care about the pictures, and the tech has me take a picture with my phone and email my clinic nurse).
| A little blurry, but what a scar-free, saline filled uterus should look like! |
Nothing else mattered after that. I got a clean bill of health. No scarring, no adhesions. My body made a full recovery from two traumatic surgeries of scraping and suctioning!!! My worries are put to rest (for now)!
I was happy to proceed to the counter to pay my bill because I had a credit where insurance finally kicked in for some of my past early-pregnancy visits. That was just the cherry on the sundae. My feet felt light as I glided out the door. I wanted to skip down the hall.
I came to rest on the bench outside the elevator. I always stop here and get myself together- file receipts in my notebook and get my keys out and send a quick text to "my people" about whatever the outcome was for that day's appointment and decompress before I hit the road. Apparently I was too happy, because I got in the elevator and headed to my car, only to realize I didn't have my keys! I dashed back upstairs and saw them sitting on the bench.
| I was so excited I left my keys behind! |
And, in closing, because I think it's random and hilarious, another picture from the RE's fine collection of art:
| Nothing says "Let's Make a Baby" like this picture lol! |




Love it! I can FEEL your excitement! And the random art...too funny
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! I'm glad everything looked good.
ReplyDelete