When I was in the ER, D joked I was trying to catch up to him with the whole "in sickness" part of our vows. In the almost decade we've been together, I'd never been the ER patient til that day. He was there a few months after we got together with a sprained ankle from intramural soccer. Then three times a few years ago, all surrounding a bleeding ulcer. Then last year when he sprained his ankle at a little league basketball game and also when he caught some nasty food poisoning (there's a reason you shouldn't eat at McDonalds!).
Well, I guess he decided he didn't want me to catch up to him after all, because we were back again this weekend- this time for him. He did have the planned ankle surgery on Friday. The surgery itself went really well, says the surgeon (I hope he's right). D had a hard time waking up, which is usual for him. He went home with a neat fanny pack holding medicine for a nerve block, so we figured this would be a fairly easy recovery. Then, the pain caught up to him, and since it was the weekend, we ended up in the ER. He's finally back on another upswing, and I am hoping it stays that way.
While I was in the waiting room during his surgery, my protocol came (yay!), and I stayed busy for at least an hour of the five hour wait with scheduling ultrasounds, bloodwork, and a uterine scraping and moving around my work schedule to accommodate all of those festivities. So, I have a transfer date (yay)! And I start l.upron this weekend (not yay!). I've ordered all the medication (yay!). We still need to get the embryo contract notarized (it will be fun to haul him somewhere with a casted foot but it all adds to our character). From here on out, time will fly by til transfer.
Monday, October 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Is the uterine scraping like this endo scratch I keep hearing about? I've never had one done - hadn't even heard about it until a few weeks ago. But yay on getting your protocol and transfer date! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteScraping and scratching are interchangeable. They are nicknames for a biopsy. But it's really only half a biopsy because the results aren't necessarily sent off. http://www.infertilitydoc.net/blog/2012/10/17/ivf-failure-endometrial-biopsy-scratching-116062
Delete