We had our phone call with the mediator to negotiate the contact which went very well. It feels surreal. This is the furthest we've gotten in the process: we've had one expectant mom look at the profile book we painstakingly made, but we weren't chosen. This family has said "YES!" to us adopting their embryos. They saw our pictures and read about us and feel like we would be a great match.
Funny moment: after the call, Daniel and I were talking about the embryos which happen to have originated in an odd amount to which Daniel says, "That is really weird they would pick an odd number". I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk. He didn't know exactly how embryos came to be, thus the thought he doctor and/or parents could pick an even number of eggs to fertilize.
The unusual things you discuss when you become parents this way.
Anyway, the next step will be us as well as the donor family getting written copies of the agreement and getting them back to the mediator. Then, we will be official!
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Very excited for you!
ReplyDelete