Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pregnancy Dreams

I've had this thing for coffee cakes. I've been eating a snack cake version of one every day in the afternoon at work.

H.ostess ones are so tasty and reasonably portioned. Full of preservatives and sugar, but delicious.


So, the store I shopped at most recently didn't have them, or at least I couldn't find them, so I thought L.ittle D.ebbie surely had to be as good.

Except they're fully repulsive. This unfortunate discovery happened Friday at work.

Then,  Friday night, I had a dream that I was at a gas station, looking for a snack. They had H.OSTESS brand coffee cakes but they were really big and packaged in sets of two. There was a lone package sitting on the shelf. I told myself (yes, in my dream) that I didn't need that much coffee cake. So I continued to walk around the gas station trying to find a suitable snack.

When nothing else seemed to hit the spot, I walked back. Much to my dismay, someone else had already purchased the H.OSTESS coffee cake, so I was left without a snack. I woke up feeling very disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I love pregnancy dreams. I feel like I could analyze the you-know-what out of yours. Last night I dreamed I was packing up my dorm room for Christmas break senior year in college, only I was in Boston, where I went to grad school. The entire dream was me packing up my stuff, sorting it into piles, putting toiletries in a leak-proof bag. I am not actually that neat in my everyday life so I don't know what it meant except maybe me thinking about planning ahead?

    P.S. Now I want to send you a case of those snack cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have super crazy dreams too! My craziest so far has involved me gutting a shark, tail to mouth, on a picnic table in the middle of a Mexican birthday party. Pinata and all. No one at the party seemed put off by what I was doing. Super weird.

    ReplyDelete