Saturday, March 21, 2015

Taps and Twinges

I find it hard to feel excited about anything to do with being pregnant. Relieved and hopeful, yes. But not excited.

But it was a little exciting to know what I have suspected to be movements really are.

My placenta is anterior so I was told I may not feel movements til later than usual.

Right around 18 weeks, I felt jabs, taps, and twinges that felt different than cramping, stretching, gas, or anything else I've ever felt. But I was hesitant to credit them as fetal movements. I remember feeling a couple at work and one distinctive couple in a row when I was sitting in my car waiting to go into Mexican for dinner (that's my BOY!).

Most people say the baby feels like a flutter. Bubbles. Popcorn popping.

Not my baby.

I felt the twitching while I was getting my ultrasound. In real time, he was kicking and squirming on the screen. 

So my baby passed the gentle phase and just pokes me. Sometimes they're very low and feel a little uncomfortable. But they're getting pretty distinctive.

I don't want to begin to obsess with movement. I am trying to appreciate it as a sign that he's okay in there and leave it at that.




No comments:

Post a Comment