Friday, May 1, 2015

Failure

I never fail anything, but I FAILED my one hour glucose test.

Well I guess I had a FAILED transfer, too. 

But really. I've never made a C in my whole life. I took finals in high school when I didn't have to, just to raise my grade. I'm an overachiever. I'm not supposed to fail things! 

I'll have the fun experience Monday of fasting, drinking a bigger bottle of flat sprite, and having four blood draws over 3 hours. 

If that doesn't give me enough to fret about I got a letter in the mail this afternoon from my health insurance about high risk pregnancy case management. What? Who said I'm high risk? Do they send these out to every pregnant person? Is it just because I've been in the ER twice while pregnant? Do I have risk factors I'm not aware of?  And why am I opening the letter on a Friday afternoon one minute before they close? Great. Add that to my anxiety pile. 


4 comments:

  1. Yipes. That letter would scare me, too. Can you call someone?

    Good luck with the three-hour test. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I called the number in the letter but got a voicemail. We'll see if they call back tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. No, it's just a CYA from insurance company because you went to the ER. Even if you had only gone once they'd send it 'just in-case' so you know they provide services and you can't later sue them or anything. I had a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I also had/have BCBS

    ReplyDelete