I had a good check up at the doctor yesterday... I think.
I drank the sugar test stuff. Everyone acts like it's such a big deal, so I was expecting some syrupy nastiness in a giant bottle (I think I had magnesium citrate level of nastiness in my head).
Nope.
Flat sprite in a tiny bottle. Like one of those mini water bottles.
She said I had three minutes to drink it. I asked if I could drink it in less, and she said sure. I chugged it in about ten seconds. And that was it. No gagging, crying, jaws music, etc.
I did make me feel sick as I was waiting the hour to get my blood drawn, but what's a little dizziness and queasiness along the way? I'll get the results today. Fingers crossed!
I saw the doctor. Baby's heartbeat was in 150s as usual. My stomach is measuring correctly. The doctor said I could gain more weight if I wanted and I laughed and said, "Yeah right!". I'm already borderline obsessed about the health aspect, and the last thing I want to do is feel more swollen and miserable than I have to. Not to mention everything you gain you have to lose... I understand a lot of this is out of my control, but I'm not going to go crazy just because I'm pregnant.
So we're just chugging along to third trimester.
I've started going through the hand me down clothes I've gotten (which you could hardly say are hand me downs when babies outgrow sizes so quickly). I have SO much clothes for this child, and we haven't had a shower yet.
It makes me excited to see certain outfits, especially all the stuff I have for our fall beach trip. He already got a special beach towel from his Grams for Easter. He has probably an outfit or two a day that fit with the beach theme, too.
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I hope your test results come back in the clear. Glad to hear your little guy is healthy and that your moving into your third trimester. It seems like time is just flying by with your pregnancy! I plan on going to a lot of garage sales this summer and stocking up on baby clothes too - I don't care if they are second hand either. (Jill B)
ReplyDeleteYou are so adorable. I hope the test goes well!
ReplyDelete