Saturday, July 25, 2015

38.5 Week Check-In

This is potentially my last check-in. Not because I am necessarily near labor but because I'm a lot more lazy. As of now, unless I go into labor in my own, induction won't be an option til another two and a half weeks.

Baby's size: A pumpkin

Total weight gain: 20 pounds

Sleep: Worse in the last month but still not horrible. I have a lot of rib pain so I flip back and forth a lot. Sometimes I sleep in the recliner. I am getting up once in the night to go pee. My nosebleeds are settling down, thankfully.

Best recent moment: Continuing to develop a relationship with our donor family <3

Miss anything: Being anonymous. Babies just make people go nuts. It's not my thing to have a lot of attention, and it wears on me to be a spectacle everywhere I go. I want to wear a shirt that says, "It's a boy, and we're expecting him early August".

Food cravings: Beef. Hamburgers, steak fajitas, etc. I haven't taken a vitamin in over a month because they are making me sick so I assume my body is trying to get iron.

Anything that makes you sick or queasy: Vitamins. Ick.

Looking forward to: Getting through labor and meeting our baby.

The internet says: He is about 7 pounds. He's basically plumping up and finishing his lung and brain development before birth.

Other milestones: I've had more braxton hicks. They're getting increasingly painful. He is way head down when the doctor checks me, but there's no progress other than that. Multiple people commented how difficult a late summer pregnancy is, but I think I'm handling it as well as non-pregnant people I know (complaining less, anyway, and I'm still alive). We'll see how the next couple of weeks go as I transition into the hottest and most humid month of the year! :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear when your baby boy arrives and hopefully see a photo of him....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are getting so close, Sara! I'm so excited for you and your husband. (Jill B)

    ReplyDelete