Monday, July 6, 2015

Waddling

I was walking through a store today. One visibly pregnant lady was listening to an apparently pregnant lady (apparent by conversation, not by appearance- she was maybe 5 months?). Apparently pregnant lady motioned to me and said, "See, there's another one", laughed, and, still staring at me as I walked by, laughed about how *some* pregnant people waddle. 

Really? 

I hope when she hits 8.5 months, her relaxin kicks in overtime, too. My ribs feel like they're breaking. I can't stand up without feeling like my legs are going to pop off. My tailbone feels broken. I can barely get out of bed, and it's torture to get out of my car. I was all fine and dandy til about two weeks ago, too, lady. 

I couldn't exactly turn the other cheek other than immediately exiting the store to avoid punching her. That wouldn't be very becoming now would it? 

Still TBD if I walked, waltzed, or waddled out. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally get the ribs breaking. My ribs started hurting a week or so ago. I can relieve it a little if I'm without a bra but being the car sets it off every time. I am 26 weeks with twins. I still have 3 months to go. I bet you I will be happy if I could even waddle at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You having transfered on nearly the same day I did with Leland, your pregnancy has tracked mine so closely. Yes - I did rock the support hose with skirts and shorts. I remember thinking about "two weeks ago" (circa 2011) that I'd never make it through. Of course I didn't and Leland came early (July 3) and was thankfully very healthy. Hang in there. You are doing amazingly well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't punch her. That's a victory!

    ReplyDelete