I've had the last week off since there was some PTO I had that I was unable to use during my maternity leave (thanks corporate America). It was very frustrating at first, but it's turned out to be a nice time of retreat.
Multiple people told me I would need the time to rest. And I have. I worked 7 days in a row prior to the break and had braxton hicks all weekend (days 6 and 7). No more, though, since being off work and away from all that stress.
I had a really long to-do list, and I've finished most of it. I wouldn't call it nesting because the cleaning and organizing are things I typically do anyway (I can't stand clutter). Past cleaning, I've tried to get things done that I know will need to be done but may be difficult with a baby. Address labels and stamps for birth announcements. Check. Clear memory off phone to make room for an influx of pictures. Check. Order a gift and buy a card for our donor family. Check. Snacks for nighttime feedings. Check.
I've had plenty of time to try to mentally prepare for
L&D and having a newborn without strictly worrying and focusing on the
negative what-if's (that's about all I've been able to do up til this point). I'm almost fully believing "I can do it" (give birth).
Excitement still isn't my
primary emotion- it hasn't been this whole pregnancy. I imagine once he
gets here, though, the fear and loss issues will become more background noise
since I will be able to look at him and talk to him. He won't be an abstract concept that feels barely in my grasp.
I hope I'm right. I'm ready to be able to enjoy having a long awaited member added to my family and ready to move past struggles and fear. I'm ready to meet the soul that was meant for us.
Friday, July 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm so excited for you, Sara. You will do great, I just know it!
ReplyDelete