Friday, February 28, 2014

10 Months of Waiting

Our homestudy is updated and should arrive to the reviewer by next week. Then, we will be able to see profiles for embryos/genetic families and hopefully be matched. March will hopefully bring this match. April will hopefully bring beginning medication protocol, and May will hopefully bring a trip to our clinic for a transfer. I am so glad there are some things to look forward to.

In the realm of infant adoption, still crickets. We never heard an actual "no" on the birthmom who looked at our profile book, so I assume maybe she decided to parent? It's very disappointing to only have one "chance" in 10 months (at least one from our agency- we've applied for two other private situations and inquired into numerous other situations from other agencies).

I never thought we'd be presented only once by this point. I figured we'd have at least a failed match by now, if not a successful match. But I also assumed we'd have a pregnancy before the end of 3 vials of donor sperm, and that didn't happen, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment