When everything is meant to be, I guess it really just comes together.
Our donors had their call Monday night, we had ours Tuesday night, we received the draft contracts this morning, both couples agreed to it by the afternoon, and we've already had ours notarized. It's scanning to email as we speak (or as I type).
It was quite moving to get it notarized. It was nothing about the paperwork itself (although the notary remarked she hadn't done an embryo transfer today... ha! Probably hasn't done one since we were last there, and may not do one again for awhile).
There was another couple there, middle aged. The wife was quite tearful... because her dad died today, and she was there to see about his life insurance policy in order to make arrangements (the notary is an insurance agent). Talk about contrast between the earliest stage of life and the last stage of life. Both of us sitting awkwardly in a cramped office together. They are having to let go of their loved one, and we are still searching for ours.
It reminds me that as desperately as we seek the things our hearts desire, life is a vapor. I can't wish my life away. I can pursue parenthood, but it cannot consume me. My life could end in a moment, as could the child I hope to one day have. Of course, it would be quite morbid to only have that perspective, but that is an important perspective to have.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I have to remained myself frequently that it's all in God's hand - He can call these babies in my womb home at anytime just as He can with anyone here on earth. So glad your match is finalizing.
ReplyDelete