I've been wanting to put together a photobook with old family pictures and stories. Things in my current life are well preserved with photobooks I make, but technology didn't afford that several generations ago (or even my parents' generation where pictures of our generation are stuffed in a tupperware tub).
I found a coupon code for half off an ancestry[dot]com membership, so I have started to gather some information past what I was aware. I was surprised that there are scanned copies of old handwritten censuses, military records, death certificates, and even photographs if you have an extended family member you've never met who has scanned them in.
It seems ironic to work on a project like this when I am attempting to birth a child through adoption. Blood isn't what is most important to me, but I do love history, and an adopted child becomes apart of a family tree as if they were blood, in my opinion. These books will preserve memories for me & D as well as our siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, and maybe one day, child(ren).
Anyway, since I am bored, stuck in my job, not in a place to continue my education right now, and child plans are on hold until we get a go-ahead from our clinic, now is as good a time as any to jump into this.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment