I have whiplash.
Not, not from getting sidewiped by a hit-and-run driver yesterday (although that did happen... thankfully I'm okay, the car is okay, and I didn't have any embryos along for the ride).
I have whiplash from just another day in embryo adoption.
This morning we heard back from our clinic that the family we'd asked to match with (Family B, for clarity) did accept us but would not consent to "mixing" (if we were to have only one of our original embryos make it, we'd need to "mix" by adding an embryo from the second family). I can respect that viewpoint. It obviously isn't one we share, though, so we weren't able to be matched.
Failed match.
I then called the clinic to discuss removing our two previous parameters (mother's age and one physical characteristic) and asked her to send all the remaining multicell profiles that would allow for mixing. This amounted to seven more profiles (for a total of 24 profiles we've viewed during this process).
As our custom, D and I were quickly able to narrow down which families we may be comfortable with and picked our favorite. I emailed the clinic back to let her know who we'd like to match with and expected to have a several day wait to find out.
Approximately 2-3 hours later, the clinic was pleased to let us know that they contacted Family C, and Family C was game for a match.
Match made.
Family C seems very open (they included a large amount of pictures, much
like Family A). Also like Family A, they are an unknown but close distance from us,
so hopefully they will be okay with that. Family C has two multicell embryos, which, added with our current trio, will bring us to five embryos.
Next steps will be securing contracts, which involves more phone calls to negotiate contract terms and notarizing our "property transfer" so the embryos can officially be "reserved" for us. We will know more in the next few days. Which is comforting to me since the real medication sprint starts next Tuesday!
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment