Friday, December 12, 2014

6 Weeks

I'm 6 weeks today. This marks the day last time that I started bleeding, at the baseball game. Today, I've been just so worn out I could've curled up in the corner of my office and had a good slumber. I'm so. Very. Tired.

Ethyl oleate is a no go. Deep down I thought it was too good to be true. It was. I ended up with knots and itching, so I'm switching back to a formulation of cottonseed. Cottonseed isn't perfect but it's ten times more bearable. 

D is finally back at work, hobbling around (abdominal surgery when you're on crutches is just the worst luck). He was also finally able to start PT to essentially relearn to walk with a new foot. It's a great milestone! 

I'm looking forward to a weekend of relaxing, cleaning out the fridge/pantry and shopping for D's new "no-more-gallbladder diet", a Christmas party, and church. I'm happy to be sleeping in my own bed (no more hospital couch turned to cot) and to lay down with my husband (between his cast and his sickness, we've slept in the same bed exactly two nights in two months- the two nights in Knoxville). 

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, what a tough two months!! I am so glad to hear about your tiredness- I always think that must be a good sign, right?! Enjoy sleeping next to your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray for you! Sounds like there's abit of light showing at the end of the tunnel:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried sesame oil? I can't remember. That's the formulation I use and I think I've had one knot total. (I also have way more padding than you do, so my shots hardly ever hurt. Not bragging, just saying that maybe the shots would hurt no matter WHAT formulation you were using.)

    ReplyDelete