Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hip Horray

I got a call from my pharmacy that made me cringe. I had to switch my PIO base. The formulation I've been using wasn't going to be carried anymore. Well darn, just one more thing to make me worried.

The new vial came and I tentatively drew it up. Ethyl oleate. It flew down into the syringe (Normal oil is a slow drip as you pull it out of the vial). It didn't even need to be warmed up to be thin enough for injection. It glided in, almost too quickly (too quick forces leakage). 

Four injections later and- knock on wood- no redness or swelling. Hip Horray (pun intended), a thinner oil! Why am I just now discovering this beauty? 

I've got about 8 more weeks of injections to go, God willing. About 112 more shots. I'll take every break I can get! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad it's working for you. I found it more comfortable to inject, but after about eight weeks I developed a rash. Praying for 112 more shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever used the kind in sesame oil. I can't imagine a PIO injection that flows so quickly! Hope it continues to work for you, Sara!

    ReplyDelete