"The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results".- James 5:16
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need".- Hebrews 4:16
I don't believe that God is Santa, and I just need to ask Him enough for a child. I don't believe a positive test will mean I have enough faith and a negative test means I don't. I don't believe He gives me something just because I want it badly enough or because I have earned it.
I do believe God hears prayers. I do believe He has the power to do anything, including preserve life in a frozen embryo in a vial for years and allow it to thaw and implant and become a beating heart. I know He is the only reason something like that can happen. I do believe I can approach God confidently because of Christ's sacrifice- God sees a perfect Christ and not a broken, sinful me. I do believe I live in "already, but not yet" world- that not every promise in the Bible is for right now because we are still in a broken world, but Christ has overcome pain and brokenness. I know I am an anxious bundle of nerves on my own but that God's Spirit gives me peace.
Please pray for us in this situation. We're exactly one week away from our transfer. My wish would be a child... I know along this way situations have not worked out and I have to believe we are at this point for a reason.
Please praise God as
Creator and Sustainer of life. He can keep an embryo alive through years
of being frozen and shipped long distance. He can allow two cells to
become a living, breathing baby. Thank Him for His provision for
families living in a broken world to be apart of various types of
adoption including embryo adoption.
Please pray for the friends I have made who are also transferring embryos in my cycle. The clinic does transfers May 14-20. Some are on their first try, like us, and some are on their last chance with the clinic. These families have been through infertility and struggles, and they are just as tired as I am. Pray for strength, peace, and positive results for my friends.
Please pray for Carol, the embryologist who is the caretaker of our embryos. Pray she has wisdom about thawing them. Day in and out she handles delicate embryos the size of a poppyseed. She has been so patient and gracious with me.
Please pray for Dr. Keenan, our doctor. Pray he has wisdom about my care. He does fertility treatments for "traditional" patients every day and also is the exclusive physician for couples doing embryo adoption. He treats families from all over the country. Pray for his nurse Candy, who is new this cycle.
Please pray for our donor family. Pray they continue to have peace about their decision. I'm sure there are mixed feelings that come along with the fact we are transferring the embryos they made. We are blessed to be able to communicate with them directly and begin to build a relationship.
Please pray my body will continue to do what it needs to in order to sustain my embryos. My lining needs to get to at least 8mm.
Please pray for our seven embryos and that God's will can be done for them. Our plan is to thaw two embryos for transfer, but it can be unpredictable. The thawing will begin on Monday the 12th, since the embryos that will first be thawed are in the youngest stage (2PN).
Thank you for your continued support and prayers!
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hi Sara-I found your comment on Lara's blog and hopped over to your blog. My husband and I adopted from the NEDC in 2010. It took us all three attempts at NEDC to have our now almost 3 year old boy/girl twins. I have chronicled our entire story on our blog if you care to read more. I don't blog as much anymore because I am so busy with my kids and life in general but I do try to post pictures and other updates as much as possible. I will be praying for your transfer this month - So excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog for a while and just recently finished reading every post. My heart goes out to you and your husband. I hope and pray that this is a successful cycle for you and you finally have a baby in your arms at the end of this journey! Best of luck to you!!
ReplyDelete