Thursday, May 8, 2014

Safely Tucked Away


As I pulled out of the parking lot this afternoon, I had a nagging feeling I left my office door unlocked. I knew I didn't. I remember closing it because I was carrying something and it was difficult to lock. But my anxiety is in overdrive, and I kept worrying I didn't lock it. (Where I work, it could be a very bad ordeal for it to be unlocked).

"You didn't forget it. Let it go.", I said to myself as I drove across town on my way to meet family for dinner to celebrate a birthday.

All of a sudden, it hit me.

I DID forget something important. I didn't take my 2 PM medicine. 

"Rattlesnack ridge". (This is my mom's substitute for "oh &#(%" and is, for me, one step up from "Oh rats").

I drove baaaack across town and went back into work. To the desk drawer with the safely tucked pill bottle (behind a locked door, of course).

I'm glad for nagging feelings that don't go away, because I need every dose of the medicine I can get to make sure I am ready! It's crunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment