Thursday, August 21, 2014
Perhaps a "Miracle Baby"
The tech slowly scanned around. She didn't have to tell me to hold my breath this time. I knew.
"We have some growth. And we have fetal heart motion".
Fetal heart motion! What in the heck! There's a heartbeat!
The baby grew 3mm in 6 days, which is still very slow growth; but previously the baby grew 1mm in 5 days last week, so it's an improvement. The baby is still measuring almost a week behind, though.
The heart rate was measured at 106 which is on the slow side but not necessarily bad from what my doctor said.
When I was getting dressed, I didn't feel happy or sad. I didn't feel much of anything other than, I guess, shock. I wish we had a more definitive idea, but obviously I am thrilled to have a heartbeat, be it slow.
The nurse practitioner at the monitoring clinic said, "It could go either way. You can be cautiously optimistic".
I have started to feel calmer and less sad throughout the day. I'm sure the anxiety will rev back up closer to the next ultrasound which will be a week from today.
I know people who say they have a "miracle baby"; I hope that will be the case for us. I hope the little one keeps growing and has a stronger heartbeat by next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed. Praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteI have a really good feeling about this preganancy for you. I am sending you and your husband good, happy, pregnant vibes. I did IVF to conceive my child and my HCG was so low the first draw that they thought it could have been a chemical pregnancy. Going into the second trimester I started spotting and then had 3 horrible bleeding episodes and ended up in the ER, each time diagnosed with a potential miscarriage. Well guess what I am sitting next to my baby monitor watching my miracle baby sleep. Stay positive!! I believe this little one wants to join your family!!!!
ReplyDeleteSending hope and prayers to you and your baby. Living through the stress of this has got to be a terrible burden. The baby is there - it's growing - there's a heartbeat . . . that's all that matters.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the love and encouragement, everyone! :)
ReplyDeleteSara, I sure hope this is your miracle baby! Said a prayer for your family.
ReplyDeletePraying for your miracle!
ReplyDelete