Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Congratulations on Entering Menopause
I work with several middle aged women, most of whom are in menopause. We're a close bunch, working together on a locked unit. I get to learn about hot flashes and other not pleasant things that come along with this phase in life. It looks like, for awhile, I will be joining the club.
"L.upron is a hormonal agent that significantly reduces estrogen levels. The medication works in two distinct phases. Phase one stimulates the ovaries causing them to produce more estradiol, the most potent of the three estrogens produced by women. In phase two, the messenger hormones that tell the ovaries to produce estrogen decline dramatically. The resulting drop in estrogen causes women to experience menopause-like side effects".
The first shot wasn't so bad. While any needle is scary to me, luckily this one is a little guy. It didn't hurt, and I am glad to finally have it over. Hopefully, it will desensitize me for the gigantic, scary, oily PIO injection that goes all the way to my muscle. And hopefully the side effects won't get too bad. It feels great to be doing something, anything towards having a child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I never thought of being in menopause while on Lupron. Another way to look at it while I am sweating up a storm in the middle of the night!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. You and I are so close in the same stage. We go in on Tuesday to start the process of injections and then IVF. Positive Thoughts being sent your way!
ReplyDelete