Tuesday, April 22, 2014

AC, Fans, and Ice Cream

"I haven't had any hot flashes. Maybe they won't happen", I thought to myself on Monday night.

Tuesday morning, as I was taking my morning vitamin regimen, it hit me. All at once I felt hot and sweaty and nauseous. How you feel when you start getting the flu, or how you feel when you wake up really early before a vacation and you can't stomach eating anything yet because you're flushed (or maybe that's just me?), or how you feel when you get called to the principal's office.

On the way to work, the morning air was a balmy 60, but I needed the AC on. I broke out the box fan as soon as I got to work, and kept it on "medium" all day (which sounds like a large plane taking off... probably not the most professional background noise to my phone calls, but it got me through the day), and I topped the night off with Marble Slab.

"At least I haven't had bad headaches yet", I am thinking to myself tonight. I better not jinx myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment