Our open donation agreement/contract is in the mail, en route to Michigan. I hope to hear soon that our donors' copy is in the mail, too.
This is such a nerve wracking time. What if the donor family changes their mind? We don't want another donor family. We love this one. If they do sign the agreement, how many embryos is the "right" number to transfer? How much do you look at statistics, and how much do you go out on faith? And the needles... I still can't get past the 1.5 inch piece of metal that will go into my behind twice a day.
I think this season has truly taught me Philippians 4:6. It's more than a verse I can just recite- I know what it means deep in my heart. When worries flood my mind, I choose to acknowledge them but not let them take up residence. Instead, I am praying for the family who is letting the embryos they painstakingly created go. I try to pray for the embryos, life created 7 years ago but frozen in time. I am thanking God for His provision in infertility and adoption. I thank God He has surrounded us with the best support system, between family, friends, and co-workers. I am grateful He knows what is best when we can only see such a small part of our path at one time.
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment