5/10/14 Update: My lining went from 6.9mm at my mock transfer to 8.7mm with this regimen (the doctor also had me take a little more estrace than previously). I will take it!
Adding e.strace to my regimen is getting my uterine lining ready to receive embryos. I had some issues with my mock transfer, so I want to do everything in my power to make this work (in addition to the doctor's changes in my protocol and good old fashioned prayer). Some of this may not work at all, but with how much time, effort, and money that goes into one cycle, it is worth a try. Starting at the day one of e.strace, my goal is to do the following steps:
Daily heat to abdomen
Heat helps blood flow. Blood flow builds lining. This is a painless, quick, inexpensive method. We own two "basic wrap" relax wraps, which are bags filled with flax seed that you can heat in the microwave. They hold heat well and have a light but relaxing scent. The relax wraps are perfect to do the trick. I will use them once or twice a day for 15-20 minutes.
Daily POM (pure pomegranate juice)
Pomegranate has long been a "fertility food". POM, a brand of pomegranate juice, is somewhat of an old wives' tale in fertility circles. Many share anecdotal stories of it helping build lining. I'm a skeptic of anecdotes, but in this situation, the science makes sense. Pomegranates have a high concentration of flavanoids, which are anti-inflammatory and help keep blood vessels open. Pomegranates are also high in folate, which is important at this phase of pre-pregnancy.
It's important to note that POM has several varieties, many of which are watered down juices of other fruits with a splash of pomegranate. Pure POM is a bit stout, which is not horrible to me but is still very sugary, so I water it down with some seltzer water. I am drinking one cup total a day, and I have been spreading it into a morning glass and an evening glass, again, since I am not a big sugar person and never drink juice.
I suppose eating pomegranates would be getting the benefits in its purest form. However, drinking a pre-made juice is more conducive to my schedule with everything else I have going on.
Daily raspberries and raspberry leaf tea
Like pomegranate, raspberry leaf tea is a celebrity in the old wives tale of fertility circles. It "tones" the uterus (not sure how) and increases blood flow. I don't care for tea, so I will attempt to get in one cup of tea a day. I was happy to find this on the shelf at Target, so it's a more mainstream tea.
I've been hearing more about fresh raspberries (normally comes from consultation of a chinese doctor or accupuncturist), so I will eat half a small container a day of fresh raspberries (now that is easy for me!!).
Daily exercise
Exercise increases blood flow. I actually walked a half marathon yesterday, so committing to a 1-2 mile walk per day between now and the transfer should be a relatively easy goal. I enjoy getting my walks in at any outdoor setting including a park, neighborhoods with little traffic slow, and a local state park.
[Note: I am not a medical professional, so please don't take this as medical advice. Also, these are just brands I like, so I am not being compensated for endorsing them on my blog.]
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)


It's funny.... I was thinking about doing a post very similar to this. I still might =)
ReplyDeleteYou should! I've learned a lot from you, and I would be interested to read your input!
ReplyDelete