I returned to work today after two days off. It's good to work only one day before going into the weekend. After this weekend, I will work a 12 day stretch which should keep me busy while I wait to find out the beta results.
Things the embryos have done: see the Smokey Mountains, go shopping, eat out, meet some of their extended family as well as our two cats, read their first couple of books, rest on the couch, and put in their first day of work. Not terribly exciting but not too shabby either.
I hope at least one is still in there multiplying. It has been about 2 1/2 days since our transfer, so by now they should definitely be blasts (embryos with a big bundle of cells, over 100). They may be almost ready to hatch out of their shell (they have had assisted hatching, which is, from my understanding, where the embryologist pokes a hole in the shell to make it easier for them to get out since freezing them at an early stage can harden their shells... totally non scientific explanation). This weekend they could begin the implantation process.
I hope they are still growing. I hope they know for whatever time they are with us, they are loved by many people (us, family, and friends). A lot of people are cheering them on and praying for them.
![]() |
| What embryos may look like today |
![]() |
| A blast on the tip of a needle: what embryos may look like today |
| ||||||
| Embryo in the eye of a needle, for size comparison |







No comments:
Post a Comment