We headed to the same hotel (third time since January) to check in. Once I started unpacking, I realized I did pack my C.hi afterall. Oops. I decided to keep the new one since the old one is about 7 years old. D feels like it is a likely story that I "forgot" I packed it. Once we unpacked, I started feeling a lot more nervous and tense than last time. I was prepared for an anxious night.
Luckily, D ran into my friend/her husband whom we met last transfer, and we ended up heading to their hotel room to hang out (just a couple doors down!). It is amazing the connection you can have with someone who is a perfect stranger (other than meeting online and lots of private messaging). She and her husband know better than anyone else in our lives how we are feeling and what we are going through. It was truly a blessing to talk and laugh for hours, and it really took my mind off my worries.
We had breakfast at the hotel with our friends, as well as another sweet couple I met online. Before I knew it, it was time to start the fluids and take the pre-procedure meds. I kept it to about 40 ounces this time (vs. 50+ ounces last time). Ten fewer ounces made all the difference, not to mention when we arrived at the clinic and signed in, we were called back within 5 minutes.
Woah!
Mornings are apparently the golden times to come for a transfer! Dr. Keenan and Carol came to our curtained suite before too long to let us know the outcome of our embryos. Like I mentioned yesterday, one 2PN died in thawing and the two multicells survived and have "good quality".
I never even had to empty my bladder, although it was on the full side. Victory!
The transfer went more smoothly and quickly than last time. I felt much more comfortable and peaceful in the transfer room, despite being inverted and having basically a deluxe pap smear. The solution still stung but felt like a cake walk compared to the uterine biopsy. Before I knew it, I heard Carol say no embryos were left in the catheter (she checks it under her microscope). I slid less whalelishly than last time onto the gurney and headed back to recovery.
I knew the v.alium was really kicking in because my blood pressure went down 30 points between before and after the transfer. My mind was foggy and I remember telling the IVF nurse how glad I was that she was there (she's new) and how it must NOT be a difficult job. My mind just wasn't flowing right!
I apologize to the embryos that their first meal was an egg white Mc.Muffin from Mc.Donalds. I am NOT a Mc.Donalds fan but I was hungry and delirious on the way back to the hotel, and it just seemed right at the time.
I fell asleep almost immediately after getting back to the room. Deep, drooling onto the pillow type of sleep. Text message missing sleep. Sleep with the golden sunshine flowing through the large window and not even noticing. I woke up about three hours later, still feeling foggy but more rested.
Our clinic recommends rest the day of transfer but doesn't require actual bedrest. There's apparently a polar vortex that's brought the most gorgeous weather ever to TN, so we decided to venture out from the hotel. We ate a late lunch outdoors in the gorgeous sun with a light breeze. Next was movie time- the theatre here is awesome- so big, comfy chairs, and prices several dollars cheaper than our theatre at home.
I don't feel anything yet, other than some mild cramping and fatigue. I am definitely doing better on the PIO, because I'm minimally sore. I am happy to have finally met our embryos. For now, we are a family of four (with five in heaven).
| Ready for Transfer #2! |
| The transfer... dark area is bladder, greyish oval under is uterus, white lines below + are where embryos went. |
| Top: Target trip Bottom: Dinner Tuesday and Lunch Wednesday |




Sounds like a perfect transfer day! So happy and hopeful for you!
ReplyDeleteBrings back so many memories from Knoxville, NEDC and transfers...good times for sure! :)
ReplyDelete