Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend in the Life of an Embryo

If one or both embryos are still in there (fingers crossed), they had a fun weekend. They napped, read books, folded laundry, met more extended family, had their first Sunday School and church service, painted pottery, and went to a baby shower. They had a fairly similar run as their siblings in May.

I am 5dp3dt (5 days past 3 day transfer). I feel less tired than last time (maybe my body is finally used to the very high levels of synthetic hormones). I feel crampy but last time it was more sharp and this time it is more dull. I have no clue what that means. My PIO areas on my hips were really tight and full of small knots which made for painful standing, walking, laying down, and sitting down on most chairs. I massaged them with my hand instead of the tennis ball I've been using and that seemed to help because they're much better this morning.

I feel less anxious about the results this time. Not because I'm not dying to know (I am!), but I am not dying to have another negative result. So I would rather hang out in the wait then get more bad news. I won't let my mind flesh out possibilities if this does or does not result in a pregnancy... for now I will just continue to hope and pray it works and try to focus on loving the embryos since they are with me now to the best of my knowledge.

I will include an old and well known hymn that I enjoyed singing yesterday in worship. In my life and experience, all blessings flow from God. Praise be to God for blessing us with our embryos, regardless of what happens (that doesn't roll easily off the tongue... or my fingers, in this case).
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.


1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for your little ones' continued growth. I love that song. Reading this made me think of one of my old posts about Psalm 113 and thought you might enjoy it: http://livingourmiracle.blogspot.com/2013/09/psalm-113.html

    So hopeful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete