Sunday, July 6, 2014

He Who Is Able

Sheep Introduction Party

I love cotton candy sunsets!

View from my front yard <3





It's sad that the weekend has come to an end. I worked the 4th (hospitals don't shut down on holidays, and while I don't get any holiday compensation, I will be able to take a day off with pay when we go to Knoxville as a comp for working the 4th, so it worked out). That evening, we went to a cookout with family which was a relaxing and fun evening.

Saturday, we went to a local flea market with family, and that evening I took profile pictures for friends with our DIA agency who are still waiting for a placement. Say a prayer for good updates soon for them- they just updated their homestudy for a second time (so going on year 3 of waiting!).

Today, we had church then went to a sheep introduction party hosted by my parents. Yep, you read that right. It might be the first sheep introduction party of the history of time. It mostly involved sitting on the porch enjoying the relatively cool breezy day and eating dessert (homemade ice cream & blueberry peach cobbler). And meeting Clover, Lottie, and Moonbeam- the 3 newest members of my extended family. The only downside to the event was getting eaten alive by chiggers. If that's the worst that happened this weekend, I'll take it!

Tonight I did my last dose of l.upron for this cycle. I am now taking 3 estrogen pills a day. I feel exhausted and swollen, like I figured I would. I'm getting really nervous about my lining check on Friday. What if it isn't thick enough? What if our transfer is postponed until September? It can become paralyzing.

But, there is absolutely nothing more I can be doing than what I am. I have to trust that God knows what is best and what I desire. I trust in my doctor and the medication but only because I believe God can use them. I know it is all ultimately up to Him.

1 In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.
    May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.
May he send you help from his sanctuary
    and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
May he remember all your gifts
    and look favorably on your burnt offerings. Interlude


May he grant your heart’s desires
    and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory
    and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.
May the Lord answer all your prayers.
Now I know that the Lord rescues his anointed king.
    He will answer him from his holy heaven
    and rescue him by his great power.
Some nations boast of their chariots and horses,
    but we boast in the name of the Lord our God.
Those nations will fall down and collapse,
    but we will rise up and stand firm.
Give victory to our king, O Lord!
    Answer our cry for help.
-Psalm 20 

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.- Ephesians 3:20


 

No comments:

Post a Comment