Today is the big beta day.
There are a lot of mixed feelings swirling around regarding getting my blood drawn this time. The normal RE office I get monitoring at is closed for the holidays, so I am forced to go to another lab that I haven't had good luck with in the past. They NEVER forward the results to the ordering doctor, so you can bet that I will be camped in the lobby til a copy of the results are in my hands so I can forward them to NEDC myself.
Also, this particular lab can't do any hormones same-day so I won't even be able to get progesterone results til Monday. Yikes. I hope the shots are absorbing correctly. I can't let myself dwell on worries. There is nothing I can do.
If we get a positive beta today, we will retest on Monday and hope to see doubling 1.5x (eg: if it were 100, we would need to see 300 since it will be about 72 hours later rather than 48 hours later due to the weekend). We're both tentative about the results, so we will be sharing the results, either way, on Monday.
One of my cohorts had a positive beta on Wednesday (yay!) so hopefully hers will double today when she goes for her second beta. She has her second today, myself and two others have our first today, and the fifth person has her first on Monday. Please pray for good results and grace to handle whatever the results are for each of us.
Friday, November 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I hope all is well, friend- I am on pins and needles waiting to hear about your beta!
ReplyDelete