Friday, November 21, 2014

Day in the Life of an Embryo: 2 & 3



Yesterday, we headed back home but not before having breakfast with one friend (the couple we've been with for all three transfers) and lunch with another. One benefit of going through a clinic is the ability to easily meet up with other embryo adoption families! 13 embryos between five families await their fate. 

I tried going to a community event that evening, once we were home. I got there and felt dizzy and sick so I left. The meds have really gotten me this time! 

We were both back to work today. Luckily D's family helped with transport services because I barely had the energy to make it through work. Luckily, again, we were on the slow side at work so I was able to catch up on desk work (yay! My desk looks like a tornado) and minimize walking all over all day long. 

Now I'm beyond happy for the weekend. The embryos have indulged in Thai and cuddling with my favorite blanket and cuddly cat (his head is rested on my stomach right now). They can look forward to sleeping in, grocery shopping and church this weekend. Maybe not the most exciting life, but they're unfrozen and part of our family. 

6 comments:

  1. I love your "day in the life" posts. Your cat is not going to like it when he can no longer lay on your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy everything went well and you can now relax and rest. Can't wait to hear results!

    ReplyDelete