Thursday, November 27, 2014
Give Thanks
I am thankful for God's love and mercy. I don't have to be good enough on my own. I trust in Christ's salvation. Romans 4:7-8
I am thankful for my husband. For every time he leaves laundry on the floor, he sends me a text to tell me he loves me. He has patience with my anxiety. He gives me the freedom to be myself. His relaxation balances my neurosis. He's a hard worker.
I am thankful for my family, friends, and church family. I'm very loved. And I love being "Aunt Say".
I am thankful for my job. As much pressure and frustration I feel at work sometimes, I have flexibility. I can give back to my community. My coworkers provide laughs and a place to vent.
I am thankful for the beauty in my life. Cards, smiles, sunsets, Mexican food, music, being able to walk a half marathon through a gorgeous city, being able to experience with birth of another nephew. This year has been painful, but it's had beauty, too.
And then there's the fact that this year we've been gifted embryos. Families give such a huge gift through reading a profile about us. Tiny specks that hold a genetic footprint to a son or daughter. We are able to work with a nationally known, skilled physician and embryologist who provide experienced care (and happen to be mere hours from our house).
I've been blessed, and I am thankful for the gifts in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Happy Thanksgiving, Sara!
ReplyDeleteI have found that thankfulness to God is definitely the key to contentment. I think I'm going to do more thankfulness posts on my blog! :)
ReplyDelete