Thursday, November 13, 2014
Grace is Enough
I've had these horrible headaches for over two months. They were worse than hormonal migraines, and I'm not sure a single day went by in that time without a headache at least part of the day. My PCP could only suggest steroids since he wouldn't prescribe migraine medicine while TTC (which I agree with). He said I could see a neurologist, but the last thing I want right now is scans and more medicine. I tried massage, but the therapist felt like something was wrong with my neck and referred me to a chiropractor.
Except I don't believe in chiropractors, so I didn't go. I continued massage and saw another therapist who recommended the same thing. In a moment of pained desperation, I made an appointment. Just for a chiropractic consultation. In continued desperation, after the exam/consultation revealed a pinched nerve in my neck with two discs out of alignment, I let the chiropractor "adjust" me.
And for 2 1/2 days, I haven't had a headache.
This is a huge blessing to me.
I think sometimes I don't open myself to blessings. Fear and hesitation is part of human nature, I guess.
Not only was I blessed to have my pain relieved, but the chiropractor prayed over me and our transfer. Can you say tears?
And as scary as it seems to be going for a third transfer, especially after a very painful miscarriage, I have to be open to this blessing.
It doesn't snow very often where I live. Ice? Yeah. Freezing cold rain? Yep. Snow, a few times a year maybe.
Today, on the long commute to take D to Big City, sleet turned to soft snowflakes. Delicate, unique, shimmery snowflakes.
The verse that was on my heart on the drive to the clinic the day of the bad ultrasound was 2 Corinthians 2:19: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." And today, as I looked down at the snowflakes falling on the window, Your Grace Is Enough came on.
I pray God doesn't forget me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


.jpg)


It's amazing how God uses this journey to shape us. I resisted A chiropractor for a long time too, but it helps so much. It will be a great resource later in your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteDuring pregnancy? Oh I don't think I have the guts lol. I was a ball of nerves just to get adjusted myself.
Delete