Saturday, September 6, 2014

Always Knew Love


From the moment we got the email that our donors approved us to adopt their embryos, we loved them. Their genetic parents loved them, and so did we. Four parents' worth of love. Their extended family prayed for us and loved them, as did our families. So much love. Carol, the embryologist, thawed them with love, I am sure. Once they were transferred, it crossed my mind dozens of times a day that they were with me. It is comforting to me to know they always knew love!

I still miss all of them, especially the one I knew the best, but I also remember they were wrapped in love and never experienced the pain of this earth. The selfish part of me wishes my baby was still coming next spring. If he or she can't be with me, I am glad the baby is with God in an unbroken, safe, perfect place.

2 comments:

  1. These thoughts were very helpful to me after we lost our daughter. Thank God for the hope we have in Him!

    ReplyDelete